Are you a beginner to fitness and don't know where to start ?? Sometimes taking that first step out of your comfort zone is the first step towards a healthier lifestyle change. You need to be fully commited to the idea of changing your OWN behaviors before you can really start to see changes. Half the effort means half the results. My theory is that if you are going to do something and your already at the gym, just do it and make it count !
BUT I do have some awesome tips that Pauline Nordin, who is a fitness professional, gives for beginners !
1. Don't stress! You're going to make a change for life, so let yourself plenty of time to get in the groove.
2. Write down 3 reasons why you want to get in shape and read them daily.
3. Set up short term and long term goals. A short term one might be get to the gym 3 times the first week, a long term goal can be to lose 50 lbs of body fat and gain muscle.
4. Eat a variety of veggies to find your favorite ones.
5. Log what you do in the gym. You'll get psyched when you see the weights you use go up and up and up.
6. Remember we ALL start from scratch. Don't be discouraged "everyone is in better shape". YOU WILL GET THERE too!
7. Tell your friends and family about your goals. Even though they might not support it, you'll be more accountable to stay the course since you need to prove them you can do it.
8. Be proud of yourself for doing what most people don't!
9. Remember it takes time to gain muscle. Imagine where you will be in 6 months of hard work. You'll be sporting another body and you'll be energized.
10. Learn to work your diet so you can do all the travel, social events, birthdays etc without being side tracked.
Looking at the above tips you can see that fitness goes WAY beyond the gym. It takes a lot of time and dedication to ensure that you are getting the results you want. Put in the work and you will surly see the aftermath ! If you ever need help with working out make sure that you contact me or visit Fitness Heroics where I work in FWB !