It's time for a new Recipe!! So many times we get stuck in a cooking rut OR we don't like to cook at all !! I am here to tell you a fun and EASY recipe that you can make in a matter of hours without having to really cook much of anything !
With only 3 ingredients, this Crock Pot Chicken Recipe is healthy, tasty and super easy to make !
There are a few reasons why this recipe is so good and why you need to make it and the sooner the better smile emoticon
1. It’s very versatile and can have numerous variations
2. It’s cheap
3. It takes only a couple of minutes (tops) to put together
4. Did I mention it’s DELICIOUS?
5. It uses my favorite kitchen tool – the crock pot
3 Ingredient Shredded Chicken
4 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (a.k.a. chicken boobs)
2 16 ounce jars of your favorite salsa*
2 packets of taco seasoning**
*Some of my favorites have been a pineapple-mango salsa and what I used this time around: fiery habanero and chipotle salsa. Use your favorite or try some new ones, or even combine two different ones if you’re feeling a bit adventurous.
If I use a sweeter salsa then I also add some crushed red pepper flakes into the mix for some nice heat.
**I generally use mild seasoning but I may use hot if using a sweet salsa (or when I’m craving a huge hit of heat), but the choice is yours.
Don’t want that much shredded chicken goodness? Make half! For a smaller batch you can use two pounds of chicken, one 16 ounce jar of salsa, and one seasoning packet.
1. Dump a jar of the salsa in the bottom of a crock pot and then empty a packet of the seasoning on top; stir to combine.
2. Put the chicken boobs on top.
3. Scoop out a couple spoon fulls of the second jar of salsa over the chicken (just making some room in the jar) and then mix the second packet of seasoning in the remaining salsa. Stir to combine and then evenly scoop it over the chicken.
4. Cook on Low for 7-8 hours. (This will start to smell INCREDIBLE after a few hours and will make you very hungry – you’ve been warned).
5. Shred the chicken with two forks and then mix well.
6. EAT! You can serve this yummy-goodness on tortillas, hard or soft tacos, or you can eat it “naked” without a tortilla, if you’re into that sort of thing. Or for a lighter meal, throw this over a salad.
Whatever you want, but you can’t go wrong with guacamole, pico de gallo, shredded lettuce, cheese, beans or refried beans, olives, diced onions and tomatoes, sour cream or Greek yogurt, etc.
You can’t beat this recipe because it’s cheap, fast to prepare, versatile, and oh-so tasty.